Happy Birthday to me! And a happy Friday to you! Lots of things to celebrate today; and what better way to do that then another fun installment of "happies AND crappies" with The Vintage Modern Housewife. If this is your first time stopping by then thank you so much and be sure to leave a comment and let me know and I'll return the favor. Also, check out my own little linkie that I do with my bloggy pal Heather, over at Mommy Only Has Two Hands. Our weekly link up is called "Rewind 365" and each week we take a moment to reflect upon where we were a year ago. Its super fun and we keep it open all week. So if you can't get to it on a Thursday then jump in any time.
1. Hubby is home for the time being and that makes me super happy. His day to day work schedule isn't all that great, but at least he's in the same zip code, so I can't complain too much about that.
2. I'm 30. Originally I was thinking this was a Crappie all the way, but I think its growing on me. Everyone that I've mentioned this to (that has already hit this milestone) tells me that I'm going to love my 30s. I'm giving you all the benefit of the doubt.....but no matter what today is my Birthday and its going to be a Happy Day!
3. Little man is testing for his next belt, which is exciting...and little miss is plugging along and almost ready to get her second belt. I love the look on my kids' faces when they accomplish these little things. The satisfaction of doing it all on their own is a big deal I think. I'm a huge advocate of Martial Arts for kids!
4. I'm on Day 10 of P90X and almost at two and a half weeks of a Paleo Challenge I'm doing with my neighbor. Its almost like Whole30, a little bit different, and six weeks instead of a month. I've lost about 6lbs since starting the diet portion, and an inch, to two inches over my body since starting the work out. I'm excited. I'm not aiming for anything huge, baby steps....but I'm feeling good about it.
5. Tomorrow night is the big birthday extravaganza! We are going to a club, VIP with some of our friends! I'm so excited and I can't stand it. I got new shoes and a new dress. My hubby will be there, my friends will be there and I couldn't be more excited. Lots of pictures to follow!
1. This diet is hard...I haven't had dairy, soda, bread or much fruit (like two bananas) in 2 1/2 weeks! Whoa! Some days I'm craving a smoothie, some days its Subway. The other day I just wanted to down a Dr. Pepper. The worst of the crash is over for sure and its not as bad as it was in the beginning, but sometimes I just want my soda and to be grumpy.
2. I'm gonna be 30. I put this up top too, but I figured its my birthday and its my prerogative to be bummed out about the whole being 30 thing. Any other 30+ er's out there with their story about how they handled 30? I'd love to hear it.
3. My house is an unorganized mess and its killing me. I have clothes to go through from Ami and Phillip, which I really just don't want to do. (I still haven't fully dealt with the whole no more kids thing). We magically stumbled upon the Day Bed/Trundle that I've been wanting for Ami, and currently have the bed and mattress in our living/dining room. Seriously?! So, figuring out what to do with a toddler bed, a crib, and transition Phillip to the bottom bunk with this big brother. The sooner I do all of this the sooner I can get the bed and mattress out of my living room. The unorganized mess drives me nuts.
4. Still haven't picked up more medication. Being sick so badly I think I've been subconsciously avoiding finding something new. What if I get sick again. I don't think I could deal with that again. I know it will be better if I do it, and I will, but until then......