With my older two I did the whole, turn them at one. That was really the school of thought, and it wasn't until about a year ago that I really heard much about keeping them rearfacing longer. I love how science and technology is ever evolving! It is such an amazing thing. I recently decided that we too would practice extended rear facing. Thinking about doing before I had the other two would have been kind of crazy. From what I can recall they pretty much hated it at about one. I don't know that I would have had the fortitude to continue the whole rear-facing thing much beyond them. Turning them around made the car ride so much easier. The three now, sit three across in my fabulous SUV/Crossover and having at least one of the older ones with me all the time makes Phillip's ride facing backwards a million times easier. Another thing I worried about was the leg issue. My kids are super tall, and the thought of my oldest facing rear for over a year....well, I just don't know how safe it would have been to have his legs all cramped up. Despite the worry about all that stuff, I am really happy to try this out. What is safer for my child is something that I'm willing to give a go to. Its the least I can do as a parent, and really it's my job to keep my little's as safe as possible.
I was super excited when I found Graco had been the one to come out with this amazing car seat. I'm a huge fan of Graco, having owned several of their carseats over the years, including our oldest's infant car seat! So let me tell you a little bit about this carseat.
The Graco SnugRide Click Connect 40 Infant Car Seat – Moonstruck is the only newborn to 2 year infant car seat. The SnugRide Click Connect 40 provides comfort and protection for babies from 4 to 40 lbs. The 8-position, adjustable base grows with your baby, offering the most leg room for your growing baby. The Simply Safe Adjust Harness allows you to adjust the harness height with one hand, as your child grows to ensure they are properly secured. No need to re-thread this harness! The SnugRide Click Connect 40 is equipped with Click Connect technology, providing a one-step secure attachment to all Graco Click Connect stollers.
- SnugRide Click Connect 40 is the only newborn to 2-year infant car seat for infants from 4 to 40 lbs.
- 8-position, adjustable base grows with your child, providing the most leg room and a comfortable ride for up to 2 years old
- Removable newborn head support offers soft cushioning and supports baby's head
- SimplySafe Adjust Harness System is safe and simple, with a one-hand harness and headrest adjustment
- Click Connect technology provides a one-step, secure attachment to all Graco Click Connect strollers to create a travel system
- Rigorously crash tested to meet or exceed U.S. safety standards and reassure safety-conscious parents
- Engineered and crash tested to meet or exceed U.S. standard FMVSS213
- Side-impact tested: in addition to meeting or exceeding all applicable U.S. safety standards, the SnugRide Click Connect 40 has been side-impact tested for occupant retention by the harness system
- EPS, an energy-abosrbing foam, for effective impact energy management
- Convenient, LATCH-equipped stay-in-car base features an integrated belt lock off for easier seat belt installation versus using the locking clip
- Easy-to-read level indicator helps eliminate guesswork from the installation process so you can feel confident its been done right for newborns up to 2 years old
- 5-point, front-adjust harness makes getting your little one in and out of the car seat a breeze
Sounds pretty awesome doesn't it?! I'm super excited to learn more about this car seat and bring that information to you!
Who has practiced extended rear-sitting in their homes? What has been your experience?